More and more people are taking fish oil supplements in order to increase their intake of healthy omega 3 fatty acids. There are many types of fish oil supplements, such as salmon oil, krill oil and cod liver oil vitamins. Let’s look at the five top benefits of taking fish oil.
1. Supports Heart Health
One of the best reasons to take omega 3 fish oil vitamins is to support your heart health. Fish oil has several heart-related benefits.
- Increases HDL or good cholesterol.
- Helps reduce blood pressure in people whose blood pressure is elevated.
- May help prevent fatal arrhythmias, abnormal heart rhythms that can lead to heart attacks.
2. Helpful For Losing Weight
Many people struggle with excess weight, which also puts them at risk for other health problems such as heart disease and diabetes. Omega 3 fatty acids can help manage your appetite, which makes it easier to stick to a diet and reduce your intake of calories. Some studies also indicate that omega 3s boost your metabolism, which makes it easier to lose weight.
3. Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation is a factor with many serious diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, depression and bone-related illnesses such as arthritis. Fish oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help manage the pain that comes with chronic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. It may also reduce your risk of other illnesses associated with inflammation.
4. Supports Memory and Brain Health
For a long time, fish has been labeled “brain food” and people were urged to eat more seafood to stay mentally sharp. Of course, it’s not always easy to get fish in your daily diet. There’s evidence that consuming omega 3 supplements can prevent or slow down symptoms of mental decline due to aging. Additionally, some studies indicate that fish oil can improve the memories of healthy adults.
5. Beneficial to Mental Health
Researchers have found a correlation between mental health and omega 3 levels in the blood.
- Taking fish oil may reduce the likelihood of developing certain psychotic disorders.
- Studies reveal that fish oil supplements can reduce the symptoms of depression.
- Increasing omega 3 fatty acids may help to manage ADHD and hyperactivity in children and make it easier for them to concentrate.
Reap the Many Benefits of Taking Fish Oil
Taking cod liver oil vitamins and other forms of fish oil can have many positive consequences for your health. You can take it to manage existing conditions or as a preventative measure to maintain good health. When taking fish oil for health, make sure you get your supplements from a reputable company that uses high-quality ingredients, sustainable harvesting methods and packaging methods that preserve freshness.