Dietary Supplement & Nutraceutical Manufacturing
As the demand for dietary supplements and nutraceuticals grows, it makes sense to research and offer your customers a wide variety of products. As a seller, it helps to research dietary supplement contract manufacturing options to find a solution that works for you. There are quite a few nutraceutical manufacturers to choose from. Let’s look at some of the points to consider for nutraceutical contract manufacturing and how to identify the best supplement contract manufacturer for your business.
What Are Dietary Supplements?
Before we delve into dietary supplement contract manufacturing and related topic, it’s worth defining dietary supplements. These can be any products people take to improve their health, well-being, or performance. Supplements may be single substances such as a certain vitamin or a formula consisting of many ingredients. Dietary and nutraceutical manufacturers make products for many purposes, including the following.
- Boost overall health. People may take supplements to get nutrients not supplied by their diets such as healthy greens or protein supplements.
- Higher energy levels.
- Relaxation and stress relief.
- Better athletic performance.
- To maintain or improve the condition of specific organs or systems such as digestion, heart, kidneys, liver, prostate, or other parts of the body.
Nutraceutical contract manufacturing lets you target customers who are looking to solve various issues related to their health, performance, and well-being.
Dietary Supplement Contract Manufacturing
- People —employees must be well trained and follow the correct procedures.
- Premises — facilities must be sanitary and maintain the appropriate conditions, such as temperature and humidity appropriate for the products being produced.
- Procedures — Must be documented at every stage.
- Products — Follow specifications for raw materials and finished products.
- Processes — Must be clearly defined, consistently followed, and documented.
Available Dietary Supplement Ingredients
- Protein supplements such as whey, collagen, soy, hemp, and others.
- Fish oil for omega-3 fatty acid supplements.
- Vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin D, Vitamin C, B vitamins, and minerals such as calcium, zinc, and magnesium.
- Herbs such as goldenseal, St. John’s Wort, ginseng, saw palmetto, and many others.
- Food-based nutrients. Nutraceutical manufacturers may use concentrated forms of foods such as vegetables, fruits, animal protein, and others.
Available Dietary Supplements Manufacturing Services
- Manufacturing — A supplement contract manufacturer may offer services such as tablets, capsules, powders, and other types of supplement manufacturing.
- Packaging and labeling — Some nutraceutical manufacturers offer packaging and labeling services. These are important for your branding and to contribute to the sense of value customers get from your products. Quality and clearly labeled products are perceived as being better before the customer even consumes them.
- Inventory management and order fulfillment —A supplement contract manufacturer may handle inventory storage and order fulfillment, which frees the seller from having to deal with storing products and shipping. They may also handle drop shipping, in which products are received from another company and then shipped.
- Amazon Fulfillment — If you sell on Amazon, or want to, it’s very convenient to find dietary supplement contract manufacturing services that handle Amazon fulfillment. They’ll ship products to Amazon, which then ships them to the customer. You don’t have to worry about conforming to Amazon’s strict guidelines for packaging and labeling as this is all handled for you.
What are Nutraceuticals?
- Improve overall health and energy levels.
- Anti-aging and longevity.
- Mood and emotional well-being.
- Improved mental performance.
Available Nutraceutical Ingredients
- Healthy greens such as spirulina, chlorella, and blue-green algae.
- Medicinal mushrooms such as shitake, Chaga, lion’s mane, and others.
- Fruits such as berries
- Proteins and amino acids
- Adaptogens — herbs, spices, and foods believed to enhance health such as tulsi, turmeric, ashwagandha, Gotu kola, maca, ginseng, and many others.
Available Nutraceutical Manufacturers
With nutraceutical contract manufacturing getting more popular, you have many choices for nutraceutical manufacturers and other supplement suppliers. However, it’s important to choose nutraceutical manufacturers that can meet your needs, providing the products and services you need at a reasonable cost.
If you need nutraceutical contract manufacturing services you can count on, NutraPak USA is a leading supplement contract manufacturer for softgel, capsule, and liquid supplements. We offer private label supplements you can brand as your own.