Pet Supplements Manufacturing
People often care as much about their pets as members of their human families. Pet owners are spending more and more time and money looking for ways to improve their pets’ health and well-being, making pet supplements a quickly growing industry. A pet supplement contract manufacturer can make it simple to produce and sell the most popular products to your customers. Let’s look at some of the key points related to private label pet supplements.
Pet Supplement Contract Manufacturing
If you want to create your own supplements for pets, you need to find a trustworthy pet supplement manufacturer. If you want to sell products that are sold exclusively by your company, you should opt for private label pet supplements. The process is similar to producing and selling supplements for humans. A pet supplement contract manufacturer may also make products for humans as well.
A Brief Overview of Pet Supplement Manufacturing
Here are the main points to know about a pet supplement manufacturer.
- Form of supplements they make. As with human supplements, you can find pet supplements in several forms. The most common are soft chews, tablets, liquids, and powders. Pet owners have preferences for various reasons. Powders and liquids can be mixed with pet food. Tablets, while more challenging to dispense to pets, have a higher concentration of nutrients. Chews are the simplest to dispense, as they can be fed to pets as treats.
- Ingredients used. Pet supplements usually contain a variety of ingredients such as vitamins, food-based nutraceuticals, and other items.
- Order quantities. Suppliers may have minimum orders. You have to consider how quantity affects pricing as well.
- Regulatory compliance. A pet supplement contract manufacturer needs to comply with certain industry regulations. If you’re selling products to customers outside the United States, products must meet the standards of these countries’ regulatory agencies.
Available Pet Supplement Ingredients
When you work with a pet supplement manufacturer, you need to identify the ingredients that will go into the formula. You may arrange with them to produce a generic formula or one that’s unique to your brand. The advantage of private label pet supplements is that you’ll have exclusive access to the products they create. Different ingredients may be used depending on the purpose of the product.
- Vitamins and minerals – Among the most common pet supplement ingredients are vitamins and minerals such as Vitamins A, D, C, B vitamins, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and others.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Fish oil, flaxseeds, linolenic acid, and other ingredients containing healthy fatty acids are anti-inflammatory, good for joints, and support heart health.
- Probiotics – Beneficial bacteria promote healthy digestion in pets.
- Joint supplements – Many products, especially for dogs, promote bone health and mobility. Common ingredients include MSM, glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid.
- Phytonutrients – Plant or animal based foods to promote better pet health. Taurine is often added for skin and coat health in dogs and cats. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties. Yucca schidigera may be added for joint health.
The above are just some ingredients often used in supplements. A pet supplement contract manufacturer may have a limited number of ingredients used in their products. A company that offers private label pet supplements is often flexible about using the ingredients you request.
Pet Supplement Contract Manufacturing Services
If you sell pet supplements, you need to find a pet supplement contract manufacturer that offers reliable services. The following are some key points to consider when looking into a pet supplement manufacturer.
- Does the pet supplement manufacturer offer private labeling? Selling private label pet supplements is an advantage if you want to build your brand and attract loyal customers.
- Make sure they offer the services you need. Some companies offer services beyond manufacturing such as labeling, packaging, order fulfillment, and help with selling on Amazon. Identify the services you need and find a pet supplement manufacturer that can meet your needs.
- Check their certifications. Supplement manufacturers may have a variety of certifications to indicate quality or compliance with regulations. Certifications to look for include APPA (American Pet Products Association), FDA Registered, GOED (Global Organization for EPA & DHA omega-3), USDA, and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice).
NutraPak USA is a leading pet supplement contract manufacturer that offers a wide selection of private label pet supplements.